What am I all about? I am a woman of faith and love God. I live for my sweet family. I get excited about art, culture, design, literature, history, politics, fashion, quilts, travel, entertaining and small pleasures. I have a lot of soap boxes and I struggle to make sense of the flurry of ideas in my head. Maybe this blog will help.
I will explain. My favorite poem is "Hope" by Emily Dickinson.
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,
And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That's kept so many warm.
I've seen it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.
Somehow this has always stayed in my memory, yet now as the world grows more frightening and uncertain, this idea of hope seems to become of increasing importance. Hence, That Thing With Feathers.
No comments:
Post a Comment