Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wasatch Thunder

Gman is playing in his last soccer tournament.  He is throwing in the towel for this sport.  I am supportive of this decision.  He doesn't love it anymore.  It is a very time consuming and very expensive sport to not love it.  It will give him more time to explore other sports he is interested in and more time for homework going into Jr High.  I can't help but be kind of sentimental about it however, because he has spent 8 years playing soccer.  8 years!!  Sigh!!  Tonight's game was miserably cold and windy and kind of an ugly loss.  That's probably good, because we were thrilled when the final whistle blew so we could get in the car and go get some dinner.  Friday though, if it is their last game, I may shed a tear or two.  These are good boys and I will miss seeing them.  There are many other teammates he has played with through the years we have really liked and enjoyed  cheering on.  I appreciate our coach and all the time he has invested in these boys.  And a few other coaches that were influential along the way.  Pretty good stuff.

No comments: