We attended a Memorial Service at the cemetery in the morning after a very delicious and enjoyable breakfast with our friends, the Williams. (We tried out our sausage and bacon from Biden, the pig. Yummy. She made multigrain pancakes and waffles with delicious buttermilk syrup and strawberry sauce. Divine. I am getting sidetracked. I often get sidetracked by food. This is nothing new.) The service was the first we have attended of this kind. We enjoyed the remarks of General Oaks, a 4 star general. I thought it'd be good for the kids to get a sense of the sacrifices made by men and women in all arms of the military on our behalf. After listening to and being amazed by some of the stories he shared, Gman said he had a book of war stories. We read some that night for Family Night.
8:00
5 days ago


No comments:
Post a Comment